Be a Fire Department Volunteer
September 29, 2020
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer firefighter, you are welcome to contact the District to make arrangements to attend a training session to see what it’s all about. Applicants must live within the Gold Ridge Fire Protection District boundaries, be at least 18 years old, and be in good physical health.
The application process:
- Complete and submit an application for volunteer firefighter.
- The personnel board will contact you to schedule an interview.
- Upon acceptance, candidates will complete a confidential medical questionnaire.
- You will be wait-listed for the next scheduled in-house training academy. (The academy may be waived by the Fire Chief if the candidate has a California State Firefighter I certification and/or they can demonstrate equivalent training and experience)
- The in-house training academy meets approximately one night per week and last approximately 5 to 6 months.
- After successfully completing the training academy, the new firefighters will be cleared to respond to fire calls and attend mandatory Thursday night drills.
Firefighters meet on Thursday evenings (7 to 10 pm) to drill on fire suppression techniques, and to practice medical skills. Mandatory drill topics include water rescue, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) training, CPR Recertification, vehicle extrication, hazardous materials response, confined space rescue, and response to terrorism incidents.
Email your application to email@example.com