Vaccination eligibility categories expanding in west county
Website information, West County Health Centers, February 4, 2021
West County Health Centers (WCHC) is proud to offer a community vaccination solution for residents who live, work, or whose primary care medical home is in western Sonoma County. In partnership with the Sonoma County Department of Health Services, Sonoma County Office of Education, 5th District Supervisor Lynda Hopkins, and other community leaders, West County Health Centers is committed to an equitable distribution of no cost COVID-19 vaccines to our rural communities, including our most vulnerable and marginalized populations.
The West County Community Vaccination Clinic is available for:
- Persons who live or work in west Sonoma county*
- Patients of West County Health Centers
- Patients of a medical provider who works in west Sonoma County
* West County Zip Codes: 95412 Annapolis, 94922 Bodega, 94923 Bodega Bay, 95419 Camp Meeker, 95421 Cazadero, 94929 Dillon Beach, 95430 Duncans Mills, 95436 Forestville, 95444 Graton, 95446 Guerneville, 95450 Jenner, 95462 Monte Rio, 95465 Occidental, 95471 Rio Nido, 95497 Sea Ranch, 95472 Sebastopol (Freestone), 95480 Stewarts Point, 94972 Valley Ford, 95486 Villa Grande
Vaccination sites will be held at:
- Guerneville Elementary School: 14630 Armstrong Woods Road, Guerneville 95446
- Analy High School: 6950 Analy Ave, Sebastopol 95472 (Main Gym on Sunset Avenue, street parking available on Sunset Ave/Taft St.)
Eligibility: The following persons are eligible for vaccination based on the Sonoma County Health Department Criteria:
- Phase 1a: All healthcare personnel. This also includes home health care, in home supportive services, community health workers and promotoras, complementary and alternative providers, massage therapists, veterinarian, pharmacy, laboratory staff.
- Persons aged 75 and older
Starting February 5th:
- Food and Agriculture Essential Workers:
- Individuals performing agriculture, farm and field work, collecting and processing agriculture products including dairy, egg, poultry, and meat production.
- Individuals involved in the production of food or beverages, including wineries and distilleries.
Starting February 8th
- Persons aged 70 and older
- Childcare Essential Workers
Starting February 15th
- Persons 65 and older (UPDATE: As of 2/11/21, WCHS announced that the vaccine will NOT be available to people 65-69 years old until a later date. )
- Education Essential Workers
For information on the tiers, please visit: https://socoemergency.org/emergency/novel-coronavirus/vaccine-information/phase-1-details/
Please help us by not signing up for the vaccination appointment unless you are eligible for the vaccine based on the above criteria.
This information was updated on the WCCS website on Feb. 3 at 9:24 am, and confirmed by Townsy midday on Feb. 4. For up-to-date changes, see https://www.wchealth.org/news/