Chimera Arts: Welding and Working with Metal – A Complete Course
Jun 19, 2021
Chimera Arts and Maker Space 6791 Sebastopol Avenue #180 Sebastopol, CA 95472
About this event
Note: This is a combined all-in-one class which covers the content of the Metal Working Basics and Beginner Welding classes condensed into a single full day.
What you’ll learn:
- MIG Welder
- Chop Saws
- Band Saw
- Angle Grinders
- Bench Grinders
- Metal Brake
- Plasma Cutter
- Proper Shop Safety
The structure of the class is generally:
- Safety overview
- Setting up the shop
- Hands-on with metal tools
- (about 30 minutes for lunch)
- Hands-on with welding tools
- Practice time
- Cleaning up the shop
Instructor Contact: email@example.com
Experience Level: All are welcome!
WHAT TO BRING:
- Lunch (or purchase nearby)
- Water (closed-top bottle preferred)
- Outdoor-appropriate clothing (our class is held outdoors, rain or shine)
- Clothing should be natural fibers: long sleeves, jeans and closed-toe shoes–natural leather, preferably. (Synthetic fabrics like polyester/rayon/nylon can melt.)
This class has a minimum attendance of 2 and a maximum attendance of 6, all attendees must register 72 hours in advance.
All refunds must be requested at least 72 hours prior to class start.
Youth and minor policy: see our About page.